Saturday, October 04, 2008

My Hosts

I have to take some time to thank my brother and his wife for all their hospitality. Being a bit curmudgeonish I am not easy to deal with, but they happily housed the Phos. It was nice to see the Phos ancestral mansion and how my sister-in-laws decorating and skills have really turned the place into a beautiful home - the Tiki Bar was a nice touch as well. At any rate, I appreciate their kindness and miss them already, not to mention the Leinie's Oktoberfest beer that became a staple while I was visiting.

There are several others I have to mention, the cool cats McGee, Murphy, The Black Streak (AKA Max)and Gus the Dog, the actual owner of the home and landscaper extraordinaire. He likes to help my sister-in-law dig, though as with Yukon he always seems to pick the wrong spot. He is also a hero - he keeps Lake Michigan from flooding Milwaukee by biting the waves.

They are an incredible family and made it all that much tougher to leave. There was another hostess up in Manitowoc, but she deserves her own post and I'll get to that tomorrow...


My Brother and I giving the Tiki Bar her maiden Voyage
(I'm the handsome one)

Brother, S-I-L, and Gus


Gus Regulating Lake Michigan

13 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

always
good to
catch up /w family

and who says you can't go home?

could stand a day at the tiki myself...

/t.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see someone regulating that lake.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

OMG Phos.. i finally get to c u, and some other ppl from the family too! Thanks for the photos. The third one has an awesome caption.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

of course you are the handsome one .. :)
thanks for sharing these..
they are great.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger jin said...

So that's the infamous doggie!
Awwwwww.... he's adorable! Make sure your bro gives him a big kiss n hug from me! (Actually, you're reading this aren't you brotherPhos! You comment lurker you! Now give Gus a jinkiss! ;-)
Hmmm... so secretive... wonder who this other hostess was...
;-D

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Have to wait 'til tomorrow to find out who the hostess with the mostest is..

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good boy Gus!
Now come over my way, I've got some falls that are getting out of hand. LOL!

Phos, you handsome devil you! I'm so happy you took your mask off for us! And I WANT A TIKI BAR!
Off topic: My beta's name is Tiki! LOL!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

My Beta is Freddy the Fifth, esq. I'm not original wit names, so when one dies and I get a new one I name him Freddy.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Welcome home Phos glad you had a great time with your brother and family.
Of course you are the handsome, cuddly one and Gus is a cute doggie. ♥ xoxoxo :)

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Jack K. said...

Good to know that you all had such a great time. We are all better for the experience, even when we live it vicariously through postings like yours.

How lucky we all are to have such a protector who is willing to take on a huge lake one wave at a time. snerx.

Make it a good one.

My, what a good looking family!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Hey handsome one :-)

Tnx 4 the echo, I guess it was this Tube you refered 2?!?

(( kram ))

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

Someone needs to give Gus a medal!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

Great Phos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home