Monday, July 14, 2008

Could've been worse...

Went to the dentist today. That is one place I usually try to avoid, not that I am not concerned about my teeth, just more concerned about the pain associated with someone drilling for oil on my bicuspids. I really have little trouble with my teeth so it is usually no big deal, but this time one of my G.I. fillings was starting to go. I can't kick as the filing is older than most of you so it was rather durable. The dentist did a good job of numbing things up, in fact I only just stopped drooling about 1/2 an hour ago. She replaced the old amalgam with a new space age resin - I think it is the same crap they use on the bottom of the space shuttle so it doesn't burn up on re-entry. The dentist kept asking me if I was feeling any pain and I finally told her that when she suddenly found herself sailing trough the air and hitting the far wall in the waiting room she'd know she hit a nerve. Then I told her I was just kidding to make sure she didn't decide to exact some revenge. Never tease the crocodiles until you are across the river.

9 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Pink said...

wise words.

but how, exactly, does one TEASE crocodiles?

xx
pinks

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

You actually said that?

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Every time I see a dentist, I get the idea that it would be really cool to get a poison gas tooth implant like in the movie "Dune". That way, when some junkie bum exclaims, "I gits duh disabilitry cuz i'z using herroyn and cocaine every day", I could just exhale a big blast of "junkie-be-gone".

Of course, getting the poison gas tooth refilled with poison gas on a regular basis could get expensive, and the boss would start wondering why I keep needing a dental appointment all the time, heh heh.

But I still like the idea ;)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

pink: By dipping your toe in the water

solitare: Why yes I did. My usual line is "We aren't going to hurt each other today, are we?" but I stole that one from "Cheers"

indigo: The poison gas tooth would be great right up until the time you hiccup...

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speak softly
and
carry a poison gas
crocodile

/t.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger none said...

Ouch! Dentists are not my favorite.

Glad it went well and you didn't send her through the wall ;)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

ech .. i hate the dentist ordeal.. but it's necessary ..

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I need work in my mouth too. I also need better dental insurance.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I am surprised there aren't more horror movies based on dentists. There is no such thing as good dental insurance, I've yet to hear of one that pays much -it is a poor bet for the insurance companies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home