Monday, July 14, 2008

Could've been worse...

Went to the dentist today. That is one place I usually try to avoid, not that I am not concerned about my teeth, just more concerned about the pain associated with someone drilling for oil on my bicuspids. I really have little trouble with my teeth so it is usually no big deal, but this time one of my G.I. fillings was starting to go. I can't kick as the filing is older than most of you so it was rather durable. The dentist did a good job of numbing things up, in fact I only just stopped drooling about 1/2 an hour ago. She replaced the old amalgam with a new space age resin - I think it is the same crap they use on the bottom of the space shuttle so it doesn't burn up on re-entry. The dentist kept asking me if I was feeling any pain and I finally told her that when she suddenly found herself sailing trough the air and hitting the far wall in the waiting room she'd know she hit a nerve. Then I told her I was just kidding to make sure she didn't decide to exact some revenge. Never tease the crocodiles until you are across the river.

10 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Pink said...

wise words.

but how, exactly, does one TEASE crocodiles?

xx
pinks

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

You actually said that?

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Every time I see a dentist, I get the idea that it would be really cool to get a poison gas tooth implant like in the movie "Dune". That way, when some junkie bum exclaims, "I gits duh disabilitry cuz i'z using herroyn and cocaine every day", I could just exhale a big blast of "junkie-be-gone".

Of course, getting the poison gas tooth refilled with poison gas on a regular basis could get expensive, and the boss would start wondering why I keep needing a dental appointment all the time, heh heh.

But I still like the idea ;)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

pink: By dipping your toe in the water

solitare: Why yes I did. My usual line is "We aren't going to hurt each other today, are we?" but I stole that one from "Cheers"

indigo: The poison gas tooth would be great right up until the time you hiccup...

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger /t. said...

speak softly
and
carry a poison gas
crocodile

/t.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Hammer said...

Ouch! Dentists are not my favorite.

Glad it went well and you didn't send her through the wall ;)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger foam said...

ech .. i hate the dentist ordeal.. but it's necessary ..

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I need work in my mouth too. I also need better dental insurance.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I am surprised there aren't more horror movies based on dentists. There is no such thing as good dental insurance, I've yet to hear of one that pays much -it is a poor bet for the insurance companies.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home