Tuesday, June 26, 2007

There Was One?


Back from the dead – well sort of… I am not sure if I was just pining for Mrs. Phos or just lazy – probably a little of both. I figured I better post soon or be lost in the flotsam and jetsam of Blogger Slough.

I have been taking a lot of pictures, going back in time and using point-and-shoots loaded with film. It is interesting to see how tough it is to find much variety in the film at the stores anymore. It appears that the digital age has taken its toll. I have to buy 120 film on line and have to settle for one of two types of 35mm Film at the local store.

No surprise that the temperatures here have soared, it is summer after all. I have Yukon’s fan on the second highest setting and he spends a lot of quality time sacked out in front of the thing. We did manage a nice walk this morning, it was about 80, but the pavement had cooled down so we didn’t have to worry about “hot paws” and there were actually some clouds in the sky. It was rather pretty. Still no sign of the monsoons, but they will come eventually. I just hope they bring some rain as well as the obligatory wall o’ dust.

Anyway, thanks for your patience and I will try to be better about posting and visiting…



Thanks for the post card EC!!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

some great pics there...my fav is the last one :)

Keshi.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I never know what to post about.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey phos,

good to see
you back at it

that top photo, and,
'back from the dead' -- works well -- something really eerie about that pic

well, mrs. /t. is away for a few days visiting relatives on the other side of the continent, so i can sympathize re: pining

/t.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

the first one looks like an UFO shot!
glad to have you back ;)

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

love the pics! Poor Yukon - would be too hot for me too.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Dan said...

That is one beautiful wolf. For a moment I thought it had a human hand in its mouth.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Dino said...

hate the heat can't wait for fall I totally understand yukons need to vedge infront of a fan

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I wish I could get a husky, but the hubby doesn't like them cause one attacked him when he was a little kid. But they are beautiful dogs!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Timmy said...

In the near future I may post a rare photograph of my basset hounds. If only to counter all of the posts with pics of your canine friends (great looking dogs, by the way)...

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

keshi: Thanks! He's the only one that'll sit still for a picture. Austrella bolts the minute I get the camera out - I think she has had enough.

ll: No worries, I fall into a slump sometimes. I don't lead a very interesting life, but sometimes that's ok too.

dm: That is the advantage of a cheap plastic lens - every shot looks like a UFO!

caramaena: He makes out all right - do you have your own personal fan that someone switches on just for you? He doesn't spend a lot of time outside, however...

dan: He only thinks he's a wolf. I don't think any self respecting wolf would spend his time hunting flies!

dak: He leads a dog's life and that's for sure. I don't mind the heat too much, but then I am not wearing a fur coat...

becky: They are actually very friendly dogs - probably too friendly. Yukon thinks everyone is on earth just to pet him and Austrella is a total suck up.

timmy: Bassets are cool - they have such a mournful look about them - they are great pups.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home