Monday, June 04, 2007

Fighting Grime in Another Dimension

It is tough to wax poetic about washers and driers, but I have to admit the new ones we just got are pretty slick. Gone are the days of the clickity-click knobs (TVs lost those long ago; it has taken the washing machine industry a lot longer to catch on). Buttons that make musical noises kind of like those irritating electronic kid’s books, have replaced those noisy knobs. The big thing is the machines are quieter, smoother, and more efficient then what they have replaced.

Our old washer and drier had hit the ten year mark and the washer quit washing. Apparently, it caught whatever mechanical virus our ‘fridge had caught and died of natural causes. I don’t get attached to appliances, as a rule, so I can’t say I was sad to see them go. Perhaps they’ll wind up as part of an artificial reef somewhere, or used to hold up the wall in the El Mirage City Hall - either way helping the community. Or the driver dumped them off in the desert somewhere, which is probably more likely the case.

Well, there’s the drier - have to go, don’t want wrinkled shirts!!

9 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

You don't get attached to appliances? What is this world coming to?

Oh well, I'm sure they don't get attached to us either.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Dino said...

i can't wait for mine to break I really want a new one - a front loader washing machine with the drum

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

My wife and I just got new duets....we love'm. If they would just fold I would be worry free.


Seeing how you won the last glass contest I am letting you know the new one is starting up today. YEA!

I figured you might want to try for a second win. The marbles are in the vase!

Gnat.
.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

If you bought the right kind )(fisher paykle) you will love them...and might will them to your kids one day...
It's the way of the future...that and electrolux vaccumes :)

I HATE word veri

ukblk

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

time to buy new Phossing machines then ;-)

Keshi.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

I just had to get a new dryer not too long ago. I would have to dry everything on the highest heat twice...sometimes three times to get them dry. I already had it repaired once. Another repair and it was the cost of a new dryer. I would have liked to get one with some bells and whistles but that can happen when I acquire a husband. ;)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

I love my washer/dryer. If anything ever happened to them I'd be devastated.

But if my dishwasher accidentally rolled to the bottom of a 400 ft ravine I wouldn't miss it one bit.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

Phos - sorry to break it to you like this but I don't think I have an email address for you.

Sad news about fairsCaPe, unfortunately. I had an email from Steven to let me know she'd passed away on the 31st of May.

*hugs*

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

caramaena: Thank you for letting me know. It is odd that though I didn't really know her know her I feel a real empty spot in my heart. I will miss her a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home