Monday, May 21, 2007

The Odd Thomas Series

Forever Odd

By Dean Koontz

Forever Odd is the second installment in Dean Koontz’s Odd series. The series weaves a tale that is combination mystery, horror, and fantasy. The main character, Odd Thomas, isn’t your normal young man – he pals around with Elvis’s ghost and an obese mystery author who has Odd write all his experiences down, hence the stories. Spirits contact him with their problems, he eases their passage and sometimes helps solve the crime that led to their demise. The Sherriff of Pico Mundo is happy to have Odd’s help – most times.

One need not read the series in order, as Koontz recaps Odd’s life in each book. As could be expected by the company Odd keeps, the book has a lot of twists and thrills. In “Forever Odd” Odd Thomas had to use his uncanny talent to defeat a psychotic spiritualist who wanted to see ghosts and her henchmen to save a crippled friend. The book was suspenseful, intriguing, and tough to put down. The entire series would make excellent summer reading.

6 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah,
an odd post

/t.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

Phos that bring me to ask. Did you find me because I have Koontz in my books section on my profile?

Get No Fear, but then end it with the first book. It is great.

Also, I just got done reading Velicity which was top notch. Very top shelf Koontz.

Try Carl Hiaasen for a good laugh and a good story. Basket Case would be a good starter, or maybe Sick Puppy if your into the environment.


Gnat.
.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Perhaps I should purchase the books. I always liked Dean Koontz. He has a way of capturing your interest and won't let it go.

I think the first book I read of his was "The Phantom." I do remember the first book I read of his scared me. I loved it.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I feel oddly odd :)

Keshi.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I'm still trying to read the same book I've been stuck on for a year now.... I don't know where my interest went, I really used to love to read.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.: It is being very strange as well...

gnat: Nope I am not a Koontz stalker... I will try your recommendation. Another great author is Christopher Moore, his latest book "You Suck" is pretty good.

ll: A librarian had recommended the book to me - I was reading some books by Charlaine Harris at the time and the librarian thought I might like Brother Odd" it was good.

Keshi: If you read the book you'll feel an odd shivering sensation running down your spine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home