Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Belated Tag

I had been tagged by Eternally Curious and am just now getting around to responding. No excuse for my slothfulness...

Five Places I like to eat:



1. Chez Phos

Jewels had a similar answer. I like eating at home because I can control how the food is cooked, I know what has gone into the food, and there is little chance of any teen spit/hair/free range body jewelry in the food. I like loogie free food.


2. Rio El Mirage

Best Mexican food in the valley. They are opening a new restaurant in another town not far from here and it will be interesting to see if they maintain the quality.

3. Portofino's

Can't be beat for Italian food. It is a small family run restaurant so you don't get any of the usual chain crap fake Italian food.

4. Line Thai



As the name implies, excellent Thai food. The Pad Thai is most excellent


4. Thee Pits Again


Great BBQ. Ribs fall off the bone, zesty sauce - you can tell the pit master put a lot of effort into his BBQ.

5. Chen Wok



Excellent Chinese food and glory hallelujah they deliver!!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I love Asian cuisine!

Keshi.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger jin said...

Haha!
I like your #1 answer.
I also like that you put it at #1.
;-)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

If I'll once get lost and find myself in El Mirage I'd like to try out this "Chez Phos"-Palace. Sounds excellent to me ;)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I want some meals from Chez Phos too!
Tradesies? I've seen some of your cookeries, and methinks my palate would be quite pleased with your confections. So, when's the next cookout? And will there be any dancing? I loves me some dancing.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Thanks for doing the tag, Phos! It'd be hard for me to choose from your offerings - but I think it'd be a toss up between Chez Phos and the Bar-B-Q place. So like Jewels (and others) say: when's the big shin dig (grin) at Chez Phos? And that bar-b-q place just looks like it's way too much fun!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

now I am hungry.


Gnat.
.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Y'all are welcome anytime. The grill runs almost constantly, one of the joys of living in a place that is warm most of the year. Little hotter here now, but that's ok - I don't need to use as much charcoal...

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

I think you should set up a hyperbolic grill. Not sure if I spelled that right but it seems right up your power band.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Timmy said...

Thee Pitts Again looks pretty damned interesting. I'll have to stop in next time I'm in Arizona...

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my wife

/t.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Gnat: Don't need one - at the hight of summer I can cook right on the cement. Have to really watch the dogs so we don't get any hot paws...

timmy: Surprisingly there are several great BBQ spots out here, but Thee Pitts is my favorite.

/t.: Don't think I'll take that exit on the freeway, nice to see you though...

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

haha does your BBQ at home really looks like that??!! so cute!!! Thee Pit Again sign is so cute too..and your chinese takeaway food is making me hungry..I think I'll go get some takeaway now for my lunch!!!

thanks for doing the tag and emailing me to inform me..will put you on the update list!! if you know of anyone else doing don't hesitate to message me!!

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo... SO... can I go BBQ at your place. Looks like you have a great BBQ place.

And man... Chinese food that delivers to doorstep. Yahoo... I am not stepping out of house anymore!

Thanks for your list. They are great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home