Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gnat the Glass Master

The thing about Blogging is that, as I have said in the past, I get to stand amongst giants, whether they be artists, bakers,writers, photographers, or just plain wonderful people it is a rare privilege to associate with everyone. One of the giants is Gnat. If you haven't been to his site you need to check it out. Gnat is a glass blower and a great one at that. Everyone can break glass but precious few can make beautiful glass objects.

To sweeten the pot he is having a contest the prize being an exemplary piece of his work. I own a Blue Gnat and I am telling you it is better than that Venetian crap by a long shot. Anyway, head on over and take a shot at a great prize and check out some beautiful glass while you are at. If that isn't enough of a reason, Gnat is a hell of a nice guy as well - he can spin a good yarn when he has the mind too...

He lives here!

6 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Good Morning Phos
I will pay him a visit later today, thank You for sharing Your knowing!

(( hug ))

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

How weird. I had a dream last night that I was blowing a piece of glass. It fell of my pipe-thingy and melted down the sink.

I'll go check out Gnat now!

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny,
i was thinking
the same thing, phos,
about standing with giants
because
i have blog friends here like you

ok, that totally sounds like a greeting card, but you really do need to include yourself in any giants list

time to check up on gnat...

/t.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

That's very interesting.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

I've always thought there was something quasi-magical about glass-blowing.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

I will own a Gnat glass yet! But I'll probably have to pay for it. I'm terrible at guessing games. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home