Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Times Change

Nothing strikes terror into the hearts of the young like the reminiscences of a geezer. One can see them preparing to bolt the minute the words”and there I was…” leave the coot’s lips. I had been thinking of how my conversations have changed over time and n mentioned to a friend of mine that had we been twenty years younger we’ve been discussing fast cars and hot chicks, but here we were comparing hospital visits and maladies. Sad that.

I am not sure if it is the fact that we fell for the hot chick ruse once and now know better or are beyond the young buck mating frenzy stage. Perhaps it is a combination of the two. As far as fast cars, I now look for something that won’t shove a gun in my back and take my wallet when I pull up to the gas pump. Speed kills.
I am content to look back on what I have learned. Some may consider it useless trash, but I consider it amassed wisdom and am more than willing to dispense it in large doses to younger more inexperienced people – and there I was…

10 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah ha hah ha ha ha ha!

and there i was...

swapping tales of fast gurneys
and hot nurses with the phos...

:)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

I like listening to old people tell stories. I'm nosy like that.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Discussing the past is neat.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger none said...

I'm lucky that my kids still beg me for those kind of stories.

Not sure how much longer before they start bolting for the door.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.: Hot nurses? I wish.

chickie: Best way to learn history is form those who where there, bearing in mind there maybe some embellishment.

LL: I'll have to post one of my WWI stories...

hammer: I wish I could have had more time to talk with my father, there's lots he took with him when he went.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger sparringK9 said...

youre absolutely right. strikes terror in my heart still and i AM a geezer. but im not a weener. im crushed, btw.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger G3T Films said...

I take a different approach... rather than castigate someone for drinking too much I'll just drink a lot and then take their fast car for a spin until we crash or I vomit on their really hot date... yeah, nothing serves to make a point like cleaning up vomit.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger ..................... said...

i'm trying to remember what i conceivably would have talked about years ago..
in my late 20s i was still trying to figure out what i wanted to be when i grew up..
actually, i'm still trying to figure that one out..
but along the way i've accumulated plenty of 'and there i was' stories..

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The question is do you HAVE a past. Err now gotta bolt ;)

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

To learn is hurtful,
to know is utopia.

(( hug ))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home