Friday, December 28, 2007

A Gift of Tamales

I used to be a cheeseburger junkie right up until I settled in the Southwest when the tamale replaced the burger as my primary addiction. Some of our friends are the best Mexican cooks you could ever hope to meet and this year showed up bearing those tasty golden puffs of love. One of my wife’s friends from school is the tamale goddess, in fact. I have eaten a lot of tamales since settling here as evidence by my lithe boyish figure, but hers are far and away the best. Her tamales would have to be my last death row meal as I could die happy with that taste in my mouth. I am fortunate to have met others who share my love of the dish and even better are willing to share some of their secrets. Meanwhile I jealously guard my hoard of tamales and revel in the fact that my wife doesn’t like them (philistine!) – ah well, more for me…

6 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Happy New Year!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger nanuk said...

You haven't tried my mother-in-law's forced seal meat in a whale intestine casing!!!! Aged to perfection.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

LL: You Too!!

nanuk:Whale intestine casing? Must be a huge sausage, almost as big as mine. My sausage, that is.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Ruela said...

Happy New Year with a lot of Tamales!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

Have a good New Year and don't eat the green Tamales. They come back on ya!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

Mmm, tamales! The mother of a lady at my last job made some that I still think about. She put carrots and potatoes in them. Yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home