Sunday, January 07, 2007

On the Hunt for a Suck-free Video Editor

I’m still around, just experimenting with some video editors. I have downloaded a couple trails – Adobe Elements and Sony Vegas Studio.  Seems to be a steep learning curve with the Adobe editor, but I have used their products before and there is a common look and feel through out their range of software I like.  The Sony trial has the MPEG editor disabled – first strike against it. If you are going to put out a trail version it should be pretty much full up. I don’t like the idea of buying something when I can’t test all the capabilities.  

I already have Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5. I got what I deserved for not trying it out first, but I was in a rush. Movie Factory is the buggiest piece of crap I have come across in a long time.  Even trying to capture the video from the camera was a chore.  There seems to have to be a minimum of three crashes before it will import the video.  Then at least one more crash when you try to do something with what you have captured.  

If anyone out there has a good suggestion for a video editor that has a short learning curve, powerful tools, and not too buggy I am all ears.  Meanwhile I have to work on a few things – subject matter and technique.  Huskies seem to feel it is time to lie down and be very still when I bring the video camera to bear, making them poor subject matter.  /t. has indicated it may be time to give the humming bird a break, I have to agree. Over the years Mrs. Phos has gotten too quick for surprise shower videos and pictures.  All I get now is a flash of the curtain and a string of very unlady like words, so I will have to venture forth in search of something new and wonderful.



13 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Blogger jin said...

TOO WEIRD!
Here I am typing a comment at your place as you leave one at mine!
What in the world are you STILL doing up?????

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger jin said...

Oh...btw, sorry. Can't help you with the video editor. My suggestion is to just shoot ALL your videos PERFECTLY ... then you don't need to edit!
;-)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Good call Jin!! Yeah, we almost have a chat room going!!

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SugarFoot65 I did stop by your Blog, but there was no link to post, so I couldn’t leave a message. Don’t know if it is the new blogger/old blogger conundrum or what. I am reading (and enjoying) your posts, however.

BTW the internet is great for a lot of things – meeting women ain’t one of them

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger jin said...

*gasp*
You better NOT be sitting there nekkid!

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Too cold!! Besides, it scares the neighbors.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger jin said...

Hahahaha!!!

Reminds me of a story that I can't post at my place.
A customer of mine...her hubby's been ticketed numerous times for 'indecent exposure' in his own front window. (Jacks off when the neighbors are looking!) He's an older guy & his wife is an 'upstanding pillar of the community' (medical profession)
Geez...I end up waiting on him everytime he comes in. I talk like crazy cause he makes me nervous & all I can picture is...well...you know!
LOL!!!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

sounds like jin has your new subject matter phos

take the pack for a walk

pretend to be shooting their pics

take pics of odd neighbors

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't help with the video editor. as for the huskies new toys will make mine move. or let them have the back yard they are bound to move around and play outside

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm scared to think of who is now reading your blog because of a word search..."S_ck-free video"-
LOL :) Bet your post views went up! I know what you meant- but the rest of the world???

They're stupid and drunk :) And married more than once- ick!

I've got a ton of video I need to go through and do something with- but it's a daunting task. I do wonder if we'll ever watch those videos of the kids as babies again-

Let us know if you find something that works :)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Well since I am in the desert, sasquatch is out of there, but maybe there is an abominable sandman or something.

Thanks all for your inputs, I will probably press with the Adobe editor and hope there is a dummy's guide...

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

There's always interesting people to photo/video at the local Wal-Mart. After 11 p.m. is prime weirdo viewing time.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get my dog to perform for the camera with treats. It's win/win.

And she's not even overweight yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home