Friday, December 29, 2006

When you are tired some things seem more reasonable



I have mixed feelings concerning Saddam’s impending execution.  Part of me feels the best punishment would be to put him back in charge of Iraq at this point and then pull all our troops out. I do hope no one is out there hoping his execution will actually make a difference one way or the other. We always seem to hold on to the Risk Game fantasy that if you capture the leader or the capital (AKA the Flag) the war is over.  

Might get a police scanner so I can listen to the police hauling in the drunks tomorrow night. Despite TV ads and the police even letting everyone know check points will be out they still haul in thousands. One more reason Arizona is A number one stupid!!

Finally getting some rain, but it has to rain harder to wash the debris away so I don’t have to rake the gravel in front.  

I simply must get more sleep…

7 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit chugging the Full Throttle.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Sometimes when you need sleep, it never comes.

I don't know that executing Saddam will prove anything. He never attacked us.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

I know what you mean about the Iraq stuff.
Would you like some of our rain? We seem to have more than enough + wind right now.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SL Full Throttle "Fury", actually.

LL: He was a psychopath and killed off thousands of his own people. On the other hand I don’t think it was our place (the US) to do anything about him, the Iraqi people sure don’t seem to appreciate it much. He was an Arab problem and I believe the Arabs should have dealt with him, but it is easier to let someone else do the work. Time to let someone else be the world's policeman, I think China should take a turn.

fuff:The Ohio valley was getting flooded last year so I came up with this plan to dig a huge trench from Ohio to Arizona and allow all the excess water to flow down to us where it is needed. Bush never got back to me on that idea…

/t.:Let the Kurds he used gas on have him for a couple of hours…

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was always a fan of the way the russians used prisoners for building stuff in siberia and other not so human friendly places. This way they truly pay their debt to society without the taxpayer having to pay for their comfy room, cable tv and gym.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of me feels the best punishment would be to put him back in charge of Iraq at this point and then pull all our troops out

Now why didn't they think of that? :)

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

DAK: The old gulag system. I think you have a good point. Killing him will probably make him a martyr to his followers.

Dan: I've noticed that a lot of folks on the Arab peninsula seem pretty anxious to chop things off or kill, it must run in their blood to chop first and ask questions later. Not that the old boy didn’t have it coming. I suspect their will be along line of folks waiting their turn to dance on his grave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home