Friday, January 05, 2007

Nothing will Ever Make Him Happy or Google: The Wal-Mart of the Internet?


First, an unabashed promotion – do yourself a favor and check out Sarah Letnes at the Cursed Tongue. She has some biting prose and her posts are exemplary. Her Friday Editorials can be seen on Cynical Sarah. It is easy to tell she puts a lot of time and effort into her work. I think you will enjoy her articles.

Second, I believe I have been relegated to the Blogger Acres Trailer park. Seems up at Google HQ the Neo-nerds decide who gets to switch and who stays in "Hillbilly Holler", despite their continued pleas that I move into the new upscale housing at Google Fountains. I could start a new Blog, I suppose that wouldn’t be so bad, maybe a reincarnation of the Shredded Monkey. They promised me I could merge with my old Blog, but then the Googlegeeks have made promises before…

Finally, I need someone to explain to me why in some cases breaking the law seems to be all right. We have Colorado City on the AZ border made up of families of polygamists living right out in broad daylight. Now I could be wrong, not being a shyster of any stripe, but isn’t bigamy a crime? Why are they still wandering around free? Is it because of the strong Mormon influence in the Southwest? Maybe the Mormons are trying the “69 Virgins” incentive the Muslim suicide bombers seem to be yakking about all the time to bolster their membership.

10 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay as for the beta a few people cant switch so your are not alone and not a hillbilly after all CP and Jin and with you.

Bigamy is a crime but don't those people own lots of stuff and are influential? Maybe thats the key.

Okay gotta go to work.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

pk

I like the old blogger, I can't even visit a switched-over-to-beta-blog without crashing and having to reboot. If I can reboot.

As for criminals, laws are made for honest people to give us an illusion of control over what goes on. If you take away a criminals' drivers license thay just drive without one. Don't it frost your cookies...?

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

good question, kid.

I'm with the old blogger because /t. hasn't switched and it won't let me. I tried it once and they said my blog was too big or some such nonsense.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

They won't let me join the new blooger either. I am resigned to not caring.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Well, it sort of works, usually...

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I started Blogger World Cooking on the new blooger, and I've been backing up my Day Job bloog on my hard drive just in case, but I just don't want to switch until I absolutely have to 'cuz of hearing from fairscape and others that they can't get to the new ones. And fairscape's right - these days laws are only made to protect the criminals from the lawabiders, or some such thing...

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I agree with eternally curious about the laws.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I call it random justice.

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess because my blog is only a month and a half old I didn't have a problem switching. If you do start a new blog, be sure to let the rest of us know!

About bigamy, I had the license plate on my ex's girlfriend's car run to find out her name. Long story there. My son lives with her half of the time and I know nothing about her so I had to do my own investigating. Anyway, the title came back to "John and Jane Doe"...well, you know what I mean. My point is I'M still technically married to him so WTF?! A police officer friend told me it was a second degree misdemeanor under the bigamy law. Nice, huh?

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the glowing endorsement.

Sorry I've been scarce lately. We have coyote trouble over here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home