Thursday, April 07, 2011

Back from wherever it is I've been



Truth be told there hasn't been much exciting to write about. My fault really, as I don't do much besides hang out around the house. I am hoping to remedy that a bit here in the near future. Odd how one can get caught up in the flow of life, even a mundane one, and lose touch with the world-- even if it is a virtual one.

We had our two days of Spring a couple weeks ago and now it is working on summer. Temps in the 80s ranging into the high 90s. Did get a respite yesterday with a nice rain shower that brought the temps down from the 90s to the 80's. I suspect it may be a while before we see the lower temperatures, but around here it is tough to figure out. I've lived in Arizona for eleven years and have yet to have a "normal" season, so it is tough to say what the climatic status quo is, or if one even exists. Maybe global warming, maybe just life in the desert, but at this juncture it is hard to say.

It has been all drudgery -- I have had a chance to visit with my children and the grand kids/puppies, always nice. I look at other families in the clan and I think we are far better off than most of them. I have a great brother and wonderful kids. Mrs. Phos is a saint, which goes without saying, after all she has to put up with me -- not an easy task. The point is we all get along and support one another, don't tend to get into any squabbles as there is a lot of love and respect. Maybe it is the endemic sense of humor that helps. I don't know if it's genetic or not, but most of the family is able to find humor in almost any situation. Even the grandkids are displaying my brand of humor, much to their mother's dismay.

And here we are, apart geographically, but not a day goes by that I don't think fondly about my family. I hate being away from any of them, but the thoughts and phone calls certainly help. The bottom line to a successful family is good communication and listening skills I think.


Grandkids/grandpuppy at play

7 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I think Florida is going through the same thing. It's cool in the mornings.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger dianne said...

I think with a loving wife, children, grandchildren,family and pets that you have all that anyone could want for a happy life.
We are in Autumn now and the days have been lovely and the nights cool enough to allow me to sleep.
Lovely photo Phossy!

xoxoxo ♡

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger darkfoam said...

hey, what could be better then visiting with the grands?
i think it's great that they have your sense of humor!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phos,

your family
sounds like a blessing

btw, i am available for adoption

just sayin'

/t.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

Just love that pic!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

hi :)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

cool! after trying many times i managed to comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home