Tuesday, April 21, 2009

But it's a Dry Heat

I should throw a party, it is our first official 100 degree day. I don't mind the heat that much but then I do have the option of going in doors when the mercury hits the top of the glass. The guys that impress me are the dudes roofing houses. Scampering around on black tar paper while they set roof tiles has got to be pretty damn uncomfortable.Then there's the firemen loaded own with gear fighting a roaring fire no matter what the temp outside. Don't know how they do it, grabbing the brass doorknob that has had the sun beating down on it all day was enough excitement for me.

The temps look to drop a bit towards the end of the week, so I have that going for me,which is nice. I have a trip to Utah coming up and I am just hoping it doesn't snow. Been a while since I've had to drive in the white stuff and I can't say I miss it. The big thing will be dealing with the colder temperatures, I have become a real wuss when the thermometer dips anywhere below 60F...

13 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

People never feel sorry for us in winter.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Becky said...

It was 60 here today. It won't get to 100 for at least another month and I don't look forward to it.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

dry heaves? you should stop throwing those kind of parties ..

and anyway .. how come i wasn't invited .. :/

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger none said...

93 here. It's not a dry heat.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

26 (78F) today

which is pretty nice
for an april day in canada

it was neither a wet nor dry heat, tho

/t.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Evalinn said...

It´s still cold here...

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Fuff said...

Still cold here too, but warmer than usual.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Helene said...

57 here and rainy in Philly today... I would trade the dry 100 for that anyday! lol

I HATE the cold.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lily said...

well, I tell you this: we are preparing for a trip north, a couple of hundred kilometres north of the polar circle, and in spite of the area being influenced by the gulf stream, and the temps therefore being much higher than in Alska and Canada, there is still snow and ice everywhere, I just checked the webcam. And guess what, typical us, we're probably gonna camp out or drive these more than 2500 km through in one go. wanna come to cool down?!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Dino said...

Yeah I am loving the weather in Vegas this week. Speaking of not being able to deal with cold weather anymore. I went on vacation to Kenya with my mom years ago and we did one of the week long safaris where we did not encounter any AC and got so used to the >110F that when we got to the mountains and it was only 90F we were so cold we sat in this one lodge at the roaring fireplace with blankets and hot coco.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

indigo incarnates

warm weather never bothers me. it's the bone-chilling winter weather in baltimore that makes all my joints hurt for 3 months straight. it gets pretty hot in baltimore too, just for not as long a time as in arizona.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Its great here for Autumn, about 70degrees, cloudy and some light showers of rain. ♡

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger h said...

I'm editing a Cook/Diet Book tentatively titled "The Firefighter Diet, Smart Meals for Hot Times". Roofers are a part of it too.

The gist is that dietary choices are key to performing well in broiling heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home