Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rainy Days and Thursdays...


More rain creeping into the Valley of the Smudge -we won't see any of the rain on this side of town, just the wind and blowing dust. Downtown Phoenix and Glendale received quite a bit though, so at least someone will benefit. After the low moves East a high comes in to dominate (almost sound like Jin reading her tarot cards) the temps will soar into the triple digits. Bring it on!!!

And life goes on. Pink talking about following your dreams and Jack K talking about acting responsibility (that is my interpretation) kind of dovetail nicely with my thoughts lately. Or maybe it is just a post-midlife crisis on my part, though to be fair Mrs. Phos never let me have the first one. People evolve over their lives, hopefully in a good direction and may find themselves trapped, to a point where they are the proverbial hamster on the hamster wheel. The faster you make the wheel spin the faster you get nowhere. Or maybe it is just the lack of sun talking...

8 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

beautiful pic Phoso!

who said I dun visit ya anymore :(

Keshi.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger leelee said...

People evolve over their lives, hopefully in a good direction and may find themselves trapped, to a point where they are the proverbial hamster on the hamster wheel.

I can relate to this. I do try to remind myself though, that although I may be in the perverbial rut at times. Those are the times when I must challenge myself to make the best of it. A message from the universe as it were...maybe time to shake things up a bit..in a good way of course!

HUGS!!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger moi said...

We desert folks seem to have blooming on the brain. What's that plant? I can't quite place it.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger leelee said...

lol...proverbial not perverbial...I just cracked myself up.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Don’t tell me you need a yellow Ferrari, hair plugs or a boat to legitimize your mid-life crisis?

Or are you suffering repression at the hands of Mrs. Phos?

“Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

That is a pretty picture.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a new
car or boat
sounds pretty good
or
joining leelee and the ranks of the pervertial ;)

/t.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

keshi: I haven't seen you in a bit and was just missing you...

LeeLee: I may have to try as new venture just for giggles. Hope you are having a great weekend!!

Moi: I call it a purple tree - not sure what it is, but it smells great!!

leelee: Preverbial, the noun before the verb...

sl: Just tired of listening to the you have too many cameras spiel.

ll: Thanks! The tree really goes to town when it blooms.

/t.: I think I am pervertial, myself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home