Sunday, July 10, 2011

Still crazy after all these years...



Crazy for living in a desert. One would think that having spent a lot of time in other people's deserts I would have had enough, but no, ol' Phos. At least in this desert I am not trying to kill people or visa-versa. Truth be told I couldn't stand the cold again -- my ice fishing days are far behind me. I miss the fishing part but not sitting on a pickle bucket in the middle of a frozen lake with nothing between the wind and the shore except me. Hard to beat the fish though, they don't get much fresher than the ones frozen right out of the ice fishing hole. Sometimes they'd come back to life in the sink when I went to clean them. Good trout and splake.

Anyhoo, hotter than a $2 pistol today so no chance of ice, unless we get hit with some hail, something not beyond the realm of possibility during the monsoons. Lots of clouds, in fact we're surrounded. Whether we get any rain is another story. Times it looks promising and we get nothing here in the West valley, other times one figures there isn't a chance in hell and we get hit. Go figure.

Still not to hot to fire up the grill for some hot links...


And as always I have my helpers...

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger sparringK9 said...

how have you been!? I see you still have those elegant dogs. I just returned from albuquerque and thought it was wonderful. its way hotter here in the humid south. and the air smelled so good. so good -sagey and juniper. I loved it. We could see the fires and couldnt hike like we wanted but I still liked the desert.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

K9: Doin' well, thanks!! Hung one of your paintings this weekend in fact! As far as the heat,as on Weather Guy down here said, dry or wet, it still cooks the chicken...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home