Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Backyard Fishin'

Over watered my lawn a bit and the runoff filled one of Yukon's craters. It made a pretty good sized pond and I am thinking about stocking it with trout so I can fish from the comfort of my own backyard. On the downside all the grass seed I sowed probably washed away too, that is the seeds the birds didn't get to first. I know it is a strange time to be planting grass, but I think we have a good long while before we see a frost. Sorry to all you in CO and UT that have snow already. I forgot what snow was so I had to look it up on Wikipedia...

Have some of my computer woes cured, now it is time to redo the "computer room." Straighten out the snakes nest behind the computer - I am not even sure all the cables are actually connected to anything, and move things around for that all important ergonomic (and non-life threatening) set up. Not to mention shoveling out some of the debris; I may need that snow shovel after all!! I may be up and down for a bit over the next few days, but will try to get out and visit all of you.

Elections are over, thank [insert deity of your choice here]! I don't think the ticket I voted for garnered enough support to even appear on the radar, but the Constitutional Party is just getting started. They may have over reached a bit fielding a presidential candidate, I think the party needs to start locally and work its way up. I know for a fact they did have the millions both candidates spent. I don;t consider my vote wasted despite the fact it may only be one of a very few as the party has a good platform and great ideals. Not all of which I agree with, but then no party is going to be a perfect fit. I do hope Obama got all that spending out of his system during the campaign or we are really going to be in trouble.

Waiting for Mrs. Phos to get home and unwrap her souvenir form WI, a package from Jin's bakery, Uniquely Yours.

12 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Yes we do have a new president. Hopefully he'll do some good. If not, I didn't vote for him.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger jin said...

COOOOKIIEEESSSSSS!!!!!
;-D

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger How do we know said...

aaah.. i really think voting out McCain is the smartest thing thats happened in the last 8 years. But lets hope and see if the change is for the better.. and more importantly.. if Obama has what it takes to steer the ship out of economic depression, foreign policy goofups and an unnecessary long drawn war... Here's to the USA.. the first toast i have raised in some time!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"insert deity of your choice here" I don't have a deity so I guess I will use my name :)

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger darkfoam said...

it's good to see you out and about on the blogosphere again.
here's to controlling those snakes and the arrival of mrs phos ... and jin's cookies!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I do consider myself a constitutinalist. They never get enough votes though, so I try to fight the money wasters the only way I can by throwing my vote the other way. I might just do that next time. I put too much stalk into this election, I'm young though. I guess you live and you learn, the more elections you see the less worked up you get over them. Maybe... I still can't get over the fact that I'm going to have to pay for other people's healthcare and abortions... It is not constitutional! Nothing can be done now, the majority wanted it and they're gonna get it.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i voted,
but not in
your election,
so
my man is not president either, phos

computer makeovers are always a joy -- you just never know what you're gonna find back there -- a long lost relative, new kind of dinosaur, jimmy hoffa -- have fun

/t.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger leelee said...

"Straighten out the snakes nest behind the computer - I am not even sure all the cables are actually connected to anything, "


that one really resonated with me...lol...I actually labeled my wires at work, I had plugged everything into a battery back up and figured that would be the best time to attach strips of paper labeled and stapled around the wire...worked out great!! I think Heloise AND Martha would be proud of me!!

HUGS!!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger The Java Junkie said...

Glad you're back, Phos! Sadly, we have no snow yet (at least not in the Springs) despite several predictions. At least the children were happy to not wear coats over their costumes on Halloween! Enjoy your Jin-treats!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Have to work on sorting out the birds too. The little bastards are eating my grass seed. I let Yukon out and he really regulated them. Time to talk Mrs. Phos into letting me get that fake owl...

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fake owl?

nah -- won't work
for an ex-af guy like you

i'm thinkin' maybe a real blackhawk for regulating pesky birds AND neighbors...

/t.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Husky's are diggers too? I remember the nice collection of 'ponds' in our backyard, courtesy of the malamutes. :)

Mmmm, Jincookies! My favorite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home